Department for Development Programmes & Projects
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), otherwise known as the Global Goals, are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity .
These 17 Goals build on the successes of the Millennium Development Goals, while including new areas such as climate change, economic inequality, innovation, sustainable consumption, peace and justice, among other priorities. The goals are interconnected – often the key to success on one will involve tackling issues more commonly associated with another .
The Development Programmes & Projects
Department for Development Programmes & Projects is for facilitate joint policy formation and decision-making, encourage programmatic cooperation and realize management efficiencies within the countries .
Department for Development Programmes & Projects is common objective and is to deliver more coherent, effective and efficient support to countries seeking to attain sustainable development .
The overall scope of the Department for Development Programmes & Projects should be the acceleration of the progress towards achieving the MDGs and the implementation of development agenda .
Department for Development Programmes & Projects helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results .
Inclusive growth, better services, environmental sustainability, good governance, and security are fundamental to development progress .
We offer our expertise in development thinking and practice, and to support countries to meet their development aspirations and to bring the voices of the world’s peoples into deliberations .
The Sustainable Development Goals 17 they are as following:
- Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Food – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agricolture.
- Health – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Women – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Water – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Economy – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, foll and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Inequality – Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Habitation – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Consumption – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Marine systems – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Ecosystems – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Institutions – Promote peacefol and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Sustainability – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.